1. Having booked our next little dance trip, to the Thailand Salsa Festival in November, plus adding on a few days for some chill time. You know, in a villa. On a resort. I love my job sometimes. It's giving me something to focus on besides this rip-roaring cold we're experiencing in Melbourne. Plus, travelling with my team ALWAYS makes me happy.
2. Going to Cirque de Soleil tonight as the nicest end to a birthday month, courtesy of the gorgeous S. Date nights are sooooo much fun, and Cirque de Soleil always makes me happy. They're like a cult attendance for me, mandatory if they are in the city I am in.
3. Healthy lifestyle changes. With the start of the detox thing, S and I have committed to a much better way of living. Over the last few weeks, I've found myself craving fruits over chocolates, and needing more vegetables with every meal. Each weekend we've stocked up on a healthy variety of vegetables and fruit, and find ourselves gleefully having depleted it all by the next.
4. Pretending it's spring. Our camellia tree has been absolutely rampant this winter, and its blooms are cheering me up all around the house.
5. And lastly, a new mindset. Even after a month of birthday revelry, the back pain hasn't abated. This week has been particularly bad. But I think having a "shedding" of the year past has helped me realise that things may stay bad. But life won't. I'm blessed, with so much love and care in my life, and still have all the potential in the world to succeed - back injury or not. So a new mindset it is, I have started sowing the seeds of my new life to future success in other fields. It's not goodbye dancing, it's just hello to a new, different Sharon.
Back pain, be damned. The quote above has reminded me that my body may not believe in me, but I believe in myself, and that's all that matters. I'm going to keep living now, and there will be bad days, but at least I'll feel alive.